If you've enrolled at SLCC with the intention of transferring to another college or university, we want your transition to be smooth and successful.

Academic Advisors are here to help. We also offer transfer activities such as college fairs, campus visits, transfer workshops and orientation sessions on transferring into specific majors.

For more information, contact 801-957-4978 or visit an Academic Advisor.

Yes, the following schools accept SLCC courses numbered 1000 or above as general education, major credit or elective credit:

  • University of Utah
  • Weber State University
  • Utah Valley University
  • Utah State University
  • USU Eastern
  • Southern Utah University
  • Snow College
  • Dixie State College
  • Westminster College
  • Brigham Young University

Yes, most out-of-state schools accept SLCC courses numbered 1000 and above. However, there may be some exceptions and you should check with the school you plan to attend.

Yes, you must report all schools previously attended and provide a transcript. Withholding this information could be construed as academic fraud.

Most institutions, including schools in the Utah System of Higher Education, require a minimum GPA of 2.0. Some institutions may require a higher minimum GPA or have additional admission requirements, and some departments or programs may have different grade requirements.

SLCC uses the higher grade from a repeated course, but some institutions use the second grade even if the first grade was higher. You will have to check with the school.

No, not if you're a transfer student with 30 or more college credits.

Yes, if you're a transfer student with less than 30 college credits.

No, as long as your credits are for 1000 level courses or higher. Courses numbered below 1000 will not transfer.

Four-year schools typically prefer that you choose your major by the time you arrive.

Yes, but the courses taken for one major may not apply toward graduation in another.

About 72, but you will need to check with the individual school you plan to attend.

Out-of-state schools will evaluate your major courses from SLCC on a class-by-class basis. SLCC courses not accepted toward your major are typically accepted as electives.

Most out-of-state schools will not automatically accept SLCC's AS or AA degree to clear their general education requirements as a whole.They typically accept SLCC courses on a class-by-class basis.

Your credits will be evaluated and transferred on a class-by-class basis by the transfer school.

No, admission into a major program depends on the school's requirements for the major.Some major programs are restricted and require a special application as well as a competitive GPA.You should check with an academic advisor at SLCC and at your transfer school.

It depends on the number of courses you take in a semester. If your general education and freshman and sophomore courses are complete, you should need about 45 more credits to complete your bachelor's.

About 6-9 months before the semester you that want to attend.

  • Review the general education and program requirements at the school you wish to attend, especially for out-of-state schools.
  • Visit the school/department website where transfer articulation information may be available.
  • Contact the school and ask about its transfer policies.
  • Keep SLCC course syllabi for all courses taken, in case an institution requests more information than a transcript.
  • Participate in transfer activities listed in the SLCC Calendar of Transfer Events.