Work Study Program

What is Federal Work-Study?

The Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need to help students earn money for college. The program encourages community service and provides many employment opportunities related to student’s course of study. Money from Work-Study is earned; it does not have to be repaid.

A work-study award is like other forms of financial aid in that you receive an award for a certain dollar amount. The main difference is that money is earned through a qualified work-study job.

Paychecks are distributed twice a month; see the 2013 fiscal year Payroll Calendar on the Human Resources website for more detailed information.

The amount awarded to you by the Financial Aid Office is the maximum amount you can earn throughout the fiscal year. Once you have earned the amount equivalent to your award, your Work-Study position will be terminated. However, your employer will then have the option to hire you as an hourly employee.