Skip to main content

Apply for Admission

3 Easy Steps For Derferred Admission Students



Coming back to SLCC after a deferred admission is easy. If you’ve been away for less than three years or applied to SLCC within the last three years but didn’t register for classes, fill out the Admissions Update Application by going to MySLCC > New Student > Admissions Application update > Admissions Application Update Form.

If you've been away for more than three years, apply as a new student.

After filling in the application, you will be directed back to this webpage to continue enrollment essentials such as financial aid, creating MySLCC, orientation, and more. Be sure to complete all the essentials under each of these three steps.

Reinstate Residency

If you've been absent from the state for over a year for religious, charitable, military service, health, or family responsibilities, be sure to apply for reinstatement of your residency status.


We get it, paying for College can be overwhelming and confusing. That's why we want to help you each step of the way to make sure you understand how, why, and when you need to pull out your wallet.

The good news? SLCC is more affordable than most institutions in Utah.

See Tuition and Fees

We encourage everyone, no matter what, to apply for Federal Student financial aid. You should begin the process as soon as possible. It can take several weeks to complete.

Apply for Federal Financial Aid

Who doesn't love free money? At SLCC we have tons of scholarships available for every type of student.

Visit our scholarship page to see what you qualify for, and check this page often as scholarships can be added.

Visit Scholarships

Other types of financial aid can include grants, loans, college work-study, student employment and internships.

MySLCC is a secure portal for SLCC students. You'll use your MySLCC account to register for classes, view your schedule, and monitor your degree progress (among other really cool resources).

Follow these steps to create your MySLCC.

Have your Student Number (S-Number) on hand.

Go to MySLCC Select "Get your username and password (New Users)" below login boxes Follow the instructions to fill in the required information and create a password. Make a record of your MySLCC login and keep it in a secure location.

Haven't received your student number yet? Or don't know where to find it? That's okay!

How can I get my S-Number?

If you created a MySLCC before, you'll have to update your password.

Go to MySLCC

Our placement evaluation determines the appropriate math and English courses so you can make sure you're in the right class when you register.

If you've already completed the math and English requirements for your program, congrats! You're done and don't need to worry about it again. But if you still need to take math or English credits to graduate, you have a few options. Remember:

  • Math credit is good for up to a year. If it's been longer than that since you were last enrolled in a math class, you need to fulfill the evaluation requirement.
  • English credit never expires, but if you've never taken an English class, you also need to fulfill the evaluation requirement.

You can fulfill the evaluation requirement in one of three ways:

Take Accuplacer

Submit your ACT or SAT scores

Transfer Credit

Returning and transfer students do not have to complete orientation, but can register a week early for classes if they do complete orientation.

New Student Orientation is your one stop for getting prepared to start at SLCC. During orientation, you'll get to

  • Learn how to register for classes.
  • Learn about our campuses.
  • Get info on all of the perks of being a Bruin.
  • Feel more prepared to start school.

All first-time freshmen must complete orientation. That includes new students, former-concurrent students, and early-enrollment students.

Orientation is offered at Taylorsville Redwood, South City, Jordan, and Miller campuses.

Register for Orientation

for Classes

SLCC offers so many options, we don't even have enough space to list them all here. Let's just say this: it doesn't matter what your goals are for attending SLCC, we can help you reach them. In fact, we might even offer something you didn't even know existed.

Our best advice? Check Out Our Course Catalog

Meeting with an Academic Advisor is an important step! Even if you have no idea what you want to major in, there is an advisor ready to meet with you to make sure you're picking the right classes. Our second best advice? Keep meeting with your advisor every semester to make sure you're on the right track (to graduate, get a job, transfer, complete your degree).

Schedule Meeting with Advisor

We know you're busy, and that's okay! At SLCC, our classes are available at flexible times and locations to make sure you can find the classes you need, when and where you need them. Pretty cool, right?

First, check out the Class Schedule for the semester you'll be attending. Then, meet Schedule Planner, your new best friend.

Schedule Planner lets you block times you aren't available, select courses you want, and view all possible schedule options. Can't wake up before 10 am? Have to take classes around your busy work schedule? Worried about missing a Jazz game? Schedule Planner can help you!

Once you've settled on a schedule, you can copy and paste CRNs (Course Reference Numbers) into your registration worksheet, accessed through your MySLCC, to prepare for registration.

View Class Schedule

You made it! You're only a few steps away from officially enrolling at SLCC. Items you need to know before you register:

Check the registration dates.

  • Make sure you've taken your placement exam (or submitted transcripts and/or ACT/SAT scores) and complete orientation.
Register for Classes!

Get Ready
For School

You can pick up your OneCard at a Student Information Center at Taylorsville Redwood, South City, Jordan, and Miller campuses. Make sure you bring a photo ID. Having this card means perks! Your OneCard gives you access to awesome stuff:

  • College facilities like the sweet workout room and gym called the Lifetime Activities Center.
  • Your pass for the FREE B-line intercampus shuttle, and as your bus pass if you purchase a UTA Ed-Pass.
  • You can activate your OneCard as a pre-paid Discover debit card, and quickly receive refunds from the college.
  • Discounts and incentives (read: free stuff!) at campus stores, local restaurants, museums, Bruin sporting events, The Grand Theatre, and you can even use it to pay for printing at college computer labs.

Now that you've registered for classes, it is time to buy books. Find out what books you need – go to MySLCC > Student tab > MyBooks. Visit the College Store. They guarantee to have the book required for your class. Check out some of our Open Educational Resources (OER) and other ways the College is trying to help you save money on books.


You're required to purchase a parking permit for every campus except Meadowbrook. Parking Enforcement officers patrol lots and ticket vehicles without passes. Student Parking passes can be purchased online or in person at Parking Services.

Call 801-957-4073 for more information.

Purchase a Parking Permit

B-Line Intercampus Shuttle

You can ride the free B-Line intercampus shuttle between five campuses: South City, Meadowbrook, Taylorsville Redwood, Jordan and Miller. Your college OneCard is your FREE bus pass.

B-Line Schedule

Ride UTA

You can purchase a discounted UTA Ed-Pass to ride UTA buses, TRAX and Frontrunner. Your OneCard acts as your pass.

Visit Ed-Pass for more information.

You can pay your tuition several ways:

  • Online through MySLCC with a credit card, savings account transfer, or check. After logging in to MySLCC, select the Student tab, and Tuition Payment on the right.
  • By phone with a credit or debit card at 801-957-3914.
  • Visit one of five cashier locations to pay in person.
  • Mail check or money order payable to SLCC. Write your Student Number on the top of the check and mail it to:

Salt Lake Community College
Cashier Services
PO Box 30808
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0808

The Tuition Installment Plan

If you would like to pay in installments, apply for the Semester Tuition Installment Loan (STIL).